注册 登录  
 加关注
   显示下一条  |  关闭
温馨提示!由于新浪微博认证机制调整,您的新浪微博帐号绑定已过期,请重新绑定!立即重新绑定新浪微博》  |  关闭

Cathy的博客

用眼睛发现世界之美 用镜头定格美丽瞬间

 
 
 

日志

 
 

Dungeness 的两座灯塔 品味英伦582  

2014-02-20 00:47:18|  分类: 默认分类 |  标签: |举报 |字号 订阅

  下载LOFTER 我的照片书  |

邓杰内斯角,英格兰肯特郡南部荒凉的三角形砾石海岬,从隆尼(Romney)沼泽地突入英吉利海峡,北面则伸入多佛海峡。设有灯塔、核电站、海上救生站、信号站和鸟类禁猎区。 (摘自百度)

DUNGENESS老灯塔建于1901年,经历了两次世界大战,也成为了肯特郡的标志性建筑。

The Old Lighthouse is an Historic Grade 11 building, listed in 1992 by Shepway District Council, recently celebrating its centenary. Opened with great ceremony by His Royal Majesty the Prince of Wales in 1904 after a 3 year build, it survived two world wars before decommission in 1960. For 56 years it provided a welcome landlight to vessels negotiating the perils of the English Channel. The Lighthouse features in Nickolaus Pevsner's famous "Buildings of Kent".

Dungeness is a vast expanse of shingle ridges, built up over the centuries by longshore drift. By the end of the medieval period it had grown into a promontory reaching out into the English Channel and had become a lethal and dangerous shipping hazard. Advances in marine technology during the 16th century had led to a large increase in both the number and size of ships in the English Channel. It is said that during one winter gale over 1000 sailors lost their lives and many valuable cargoes sank with them.

This imposing building is almost 46 metres high to the top of the weather vane, 11 metres in diameter and constructed of engineering bricks with sandstone inner walls. Over three million bricks were used to build the structure. Internally there are a series of mezzanine floors made of slate and supported by steel beams and massive rivets. Each floor is linked by circular concrete stairs which hug the walls and have decorative wrought iron banisters. There are cambered casement viewing windows on all floors. The outer gallery is closed during bad weather conditions.

 

Dungeness 的两座灯塔 品味英伦582 - Cathy - Cathy的博客

 

Dungeness 的两座灯塔 品味英伦582 - Cathy - Cathy的博客

 

Dungeness 的两座灯塔 品味英伦582 - Cathy - Cathy的博客

 

Dungeness 的两座灯塔 品味英伦582 - Cathy - Cathy的博客

 

The Present Lighthouse 1961  目前的新灯塔建于1961年

The new lighthouse which was officially opened by H.R.H. The Duke of Gloucester, the former Master of Trinity House, was brought into operation on 20th November, 1961. The tower which rises from a white concrete base in the form of a spiral ramp, is capable of automatic operation and was the first one of its kind to incorporate the Xenon electric arc lamp as a source of illumination. It is constructed of precast concrete rings 1.5 metres high, 15 cm thick and 3.6 metres in diameter, fitted one above the other, and has black and white bands which are impregnated into the concrete.
An additional point of interest is that since May 1962 the whole tower has been floodlit to assist identification from seaward. This floodlighting has reduced the bird mortality rate at this lighthouse during the migration season.

The station was re-engineered/modernised in 2000. The sealed beam light was replaced with a Pharos PRB20 optic transferred from Lundy South Lighthouse, reducing the light range from 27 to 21 nautical miles.

Dungeness 的两座灯塔 品味英伦582 - Cathy - Cathy的博客

Dungeness 的两座灯塔 品味英伦582 - Cathy - Cathy的博客

Dungeness 的两座灯塔 品味英伦582 - Cathy - Cathy的博客

Dungeness 的两座灯塔 品味英伦582 - Cathy - Cathy的博客

 

Dungeness 的两座灯塔 品味英伦582 - Cathy - Cathy的博客

 灯塔附近的核电站

Dungeness 的两座灯塔 品味英伦582 - Cathy - Cathy的博客

  灯塔附近的核电站

 2014.2.16 Dungeness, lighthouse

  评论这张
 
相关小组: 环游世界英国站
阅读(171)| 评论(46)
推荐

历史上的今天

在LOFTER的更多文章

评论

<#--最新日志,群博日志--> <#--推荐日志--> <#--引用记录--> <#--博主推荐--> <#--随机阅读--> <#--首页推荐--> <#--历史上的今天--> <#--被推荐日志--> <#--上一篇,下一篇--> <#-- 热度 --> <#-- 网易新闻广告 --> <#--右边模块结构--> <#--评论模块结构--> <#--引用模块结构--> <#--博主发起的投票-->
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

页脚

网易公司版权所有 ©1997-2017